Thursday, July 22, 2010

What'd I Say (Ray Charles)

This past weekend  I posted about the auction we had to help my friend Lora.  I did that post very quickly, as I wanted to get the results and the pictures up, so I didn't get to detail my yarn haul and I also left out someone to thank, but I now have more people to thank.  If all the people who have pledged money pay up, and I have no reason to think they won't, we have now raised $2,150.  Crazy huh?  We still can't believe it.  Anyhow, on to the thank yous.  I left out Ellen R last week, sorry!  Thanks to Paula M, Sally H-D, Donna D and Heather M for helping us make it further.
Ivy Brambles Cashmere

Moutain Colors Crepe
Jade Sapphire Silk Cashmere


Berroco Zen
Some our friends and participants did some great blog posts following the auction, Mary Kate R and Linda D, which were wonderful. With some of the things that have been going on this week, with some of
Ivy Brambles Pure Silk 20-2
Berroco Optik

Tempted Good Grrl
my friends this week, I'm reminded that sometimes we have to make our own tribes.  There's a tribe that you were born to and sometimes you belong to that tribe and sometimes you just don't fit. Sometimes the tribes you make yourself are better for us than those we're assigned by birth or situation.  I'm really glad to be part of my knitting tribe.  Plus, did you see the killer fibers I got at the auction?  We got us some knitters with taste!! :) I'm so excited, I just want to work with new yarn, but I have to finish babypalooza before that can happen.

Bag Handle
 In other fiber news, Secret Project IV, Part B is underway.  I almost have all the contributions, but expect to have them all by Friday.  As I am on vacation next week, I have high hopes of possibly completing the thing by the end of the month. That's probably a really unrealistic goal, but I seem to be good at setting those.  Secret Project II is nearing completion after a error that cost me 4 hours.  Suffice it to say, it involved major surgery, in the form of cutting and reattaching, but I didn't have to reknit the damned thing.  I'm really looking forward to the end of the baby invasion. 

Sereknity Belladona
Classic Elite '03 Tweed
Mountain Colors
Schaefer Yarns Elaine
I haven't done much writing this week, but my writing group meets on Saturday, so hopefully I'll get a bit of a kick start.  There were about 18 or so new pages for them to look at so maybe I'll get some good ideas and feedback. I'm hoping to find time while I'm on vacation as we aren't really going anywhere, but we'll see how that goes.  There's already a lot going on during that week.

ArtYarns Mohair Splash
Malabrigo Silky Merino
In dairy free news, I had my annual physical this week.  Last year my cholesterol was 198.  This year it's 172.  I've not been dairy free that long, I'm still eating red meat, fried food, and various other bad things, so I was really surprised it made such a difference.  But I suppose I've cut out all cheese and half and half so it makes sense.
And I think that's all the news that's fit to print.

No comments:

Post a Comment