Saturday, July 10, 2010

Picnic in the Summertime (Part 2, the Jackson variation)


 On Monday July 5th, I hit the road and went to Maine for the day. There's not much to report, just hanging out at the pond, going to lunch at Captain's Fresh Idea, and did some paddling around on the paddle boat. The traffic on the way home was weirdly good. I'm used to doing a drive on a holiday weekend back that takes 5 hours instead of 3 hours. So it was good. I did get a teensy burn swimming with my nephews, but it was pretty much gone the next day.
On Tuesday, I decided to check out this new to me natural food store, Natural Choice Market on 28 A. I found a couple of products that I hadn't seen anywhere else. I was able to buy a couple of chocolate bars that were made with rice milk, so they weren't so dark that I don't want to eat them (I'm not really a dark chocolate kind of girl), some sour cream (made with tofu), some fake imitation cheddar cheese spread and some imitation American cheese and mozzarella slices. The cheeses were the first that I could find that didn't also have casein protein in it, so I could eat them. The chocolate bars were okay. The best was the one that was like a Nestlé's Crunch. The one that was just plain chocolate was a bit chalky. I've tried the fake American cheese slices as part of a grilled cheese, but it sort of melts into the bread like a sauce would. The cheesiness was okay though. The tofu sour cream actually reminds me more of cream cheese. Not sure why that would be, but it's okay. I still haven't tried the fake cheddar cheese spread or the fake mozzarella slices, but I will report back when I do.

The heat this week still caused me to not want to knit. I'm not that far away from being done with Secret Project II if I would just actually knit. ARGHH!!! In other news, I have been writing quite a bit. I have a journal in my purse at all times and if I go to dinner (say, when it's too hot to cook), I write the novel while I eat. I tend to eat alone a lot during the week as Shawn and I have different schedules. Shawn and I basically only see each other on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. So dinner is a good opportunity to write. I know you're supposed to be in the moment and just concentrate on eating so that you'll be thinner, blah, blah, blah, but I don't think I ever just do one thing at a time.

In any case, the upshot of this is that I now have 119 pages and 34,716 words. Woo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment