Saturday, August 1, 2009

Catching up, as I've been incommudicado the last month or so...

Okay, I fell off the wagon for a bit, or rather, I've been really crazy busy. So sue me (knowing full well you can't given that pesky prior life thing). I feel like I should be writing a post on "What I did for my summer vacation" except I haven't been on vacation.

I've got some pics (for those of you who are unaware, i.e. Mom, when you're on my actual blog you can click on the pictures to make them larger) and some things to talk about, in this post, but I might have to make it two. It's the weekend that we're celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary (shall we take bets about whether Shawn was sufficiently nagged, teased and cajoled into finally writing me a poem, or shall we start the pool on which wedding anniversary it will finally be when I get one??), and I'm going to have to run along if he ever gets up, ha hahaha ha.

The weekend of June 27th, Shawn and I went to play mini golf at Mel's Funway Park, which was fun, except I had a lobster roll just before, and I hit a bad piece of lobster in the 4th bite. I mean really bad, to the point where I almost lost what I had just eaten right there. I was kind of off and nauseous for the rest of the day, but we did do 18 holes of mini golf and checked the place out to think about bringing the bratty nephews. I thought the landscaping was really pretty, they had a lot of water effects, and they had koi in the little streams and ponds. The water was really dirty though, so I'm not really sure how the koi were surviving in that, but they apparently were.






The go carts looked really fun, but because of the lobster incident we decided it would be best to wait for Wren and Noah. I was not feeling too well, but I waited for Shawn to play in the batting cages a bit. I would have done it too, but I didn't want to jostle my stomach at all. Too bad, I love to hit. I don't like to field, run or pitch, but I love to smack a ball. This would be why I was not involved in that many team sports as a child. (Imitation of my thought process as a child: What do you mean I have to do stuff I don't like to do?? Why can't we just hit the ball? Okay, screw
this...)








The reason I have posted all these silly pictures, is that when I did take my nephews for the weekend and brought them here two weeks later, is that I forgot to bring my freaking camera and take pictures of them. So at least you'll have a visual reference when I talk about it in a further post. I'm going to end this post here, because I have not figured out a non clunky way to add pictures without having to reformat all the ones I already did. Wait for Incommudicado Post 2 to appear shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment