Monday, May 30, 2011

Wreck of the Day

Okay, this is one of the last three things I had to do on my crazy list of things to accomplish today.  If you haven't been following along on facebook I did eight loads of laundry, made a country white bread with some oat flour and a honey wheat germ wheat bread, put all my receipts from May 5 forward into my checkbook, balanced it and paid bills, made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, and experimented with hotter buffalo wings for lunch.  After this post is complete, all I will have left is making dinner, which will be bourbon marinated steak tips from McKinnons, and whatever else I figure out for sides, and working on Secret Baby Project #2 for Kat. 

It's been a crazy busy week and month.  This week I was out a lot.  Thursday I hung out at Alison's and that evening I finished Secret Baby Project #1 for Kat around midnight.  I do get obsessive at the end of a project and it had to be finished that evening.  For those of you on Ravelry you can check it out.  I can't unveil it here until I give it to Kat.  On Friday night I met my friend Lisa E at Golden Bowl for dinner and then after talking there for two hours, we headed over to Strange Brew for a beer.  They have a good beer menu for NH, but it's still not that extensive (given that I used to live about 3-4 blocks from the Sunset Grill in Allston).  The band was so freaking loud that I had to yell across the table so that Lisa could hear me, so the next day I felt like I'd screamed for a couple of hours.  I didn't get home until about 11:30 or so, and when I got home I still had to pack up some things to visit Nan the next day. 

Years and years ago, Nan lent me a 4 harness loom.  The thing is, I haven't touched it since we moved into this apartment.  Which was somewhere around 5-6 years ago, I think.  So on Saturday, I brought it back up to her so she could pass it onto those who would get more use out of it, since she's been giving some looms and supplies to one of her causes.  I wish I could have been a weaver, but it's not my thing, I guess.  I look at the things Katie K does and salivate, but it's apparently not something I can make myself do.  The thought really aggravates me, but I suppose there's only so much I can do.  I hadn't seen Nan in about a year and a half or so, and it was really good to see her.  She gave us some really lovely asparagus from her patch too. But after three hours of laughing at her house, added onto the effects of talking to Lisa at Strange Brew the night before, my throat was killing me.  So Saturday night I took about a 4 hour nap, woke up at 10 pm, ate dinner and knit until 2:00 am, and went back to bed.

On Sunday, I worked on Secret Baby Project #2 for Kat (it's on Ravelry for the knitters but again I can't reveal anything here until I give it to Kat), in the morning before guild and at guild.  After I got home from guild, Shawn and I went to McKinnons in Salem to stock up on some meat products and grab something to cook for dinner.  I found some Boar's Head hot dogs that were dairy and gluten free, as well as some Arnold's hot dog buns that had no milk or egg in them.  I just about cried really.  So we came home and I fried hot dogs in my cast iron fry pan to get that grilled effect, and caramelized some onions.  They were so good. 
The garden has been coming along.  I have flowers on the cherry tomatoes and one of the pepper plants in the window boxes.  I'm very curious to see if I'm going to get any thing or not.

In writing news, there hasn't been any this month.  I've completely blown my goal for the month.  There's just been too much going on, and I've not been focused on it.  So I need to get my act together.  How crazy would it be to try to make it up in June?  I'll have to ponder that.

Well, that's it for this week.  Stay tuned for further updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment