Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tangled Up in Blue (Well, Teal, Magenta and Grey really)

I did find and buy and receive a replacement left footman connector for the Lendrum, which is shown below newly installed. I was able to order them from The Woolery. And may I just say what a pain that was. The screws that have to be removed have a little square in them instead of a flat head, philips or a hex or allen wrench. I was able to force them with a philips head, but I don't want to do that again. I also got a right side just in case but that side has 3 screws. Guess I'll be making a trip to Lowe's at some point to look for a screw driver that works with a square. Never seen one of those before.

Since the wheel was newly fixed, I decided to spin up the roving I got from Brian on Saturday.

I undid the braid. The roving was a little stuck together from the dying process, but it wasn't bad.

To make things flow easier, I predrafted the fiber, which just looks gorgeous here.

I spun the fiber into singles, shown in two pictures here.

Because the colors were so lovely, I decided to navaho ply them to keep them separate from each other rather than having a barber pole effect. You can see a video of navaho plying here.

And here's the finished yarn wound off onto a niddy noddy and then twisted into a skein.

No comments:

Post a Comment