Saturday, October 9, 2010

Ride My LLama (by Neil Young)

Sheep, Alpacas, Llamas, and Goats, oh my! I went to the 2010 Wool Arts Tour in western New Hampshire today.  For those of you who might be interested, it's going on tomorrow and Monday as well.  I went with Katie K, and her friends Terry and Maureen.  I did not buy any yarn.  Let me repeat, I did not buy any yarn.  Okay, yes, the only reason that I didn't buy any yarn was that I'm probably not going to be able to show the same level of restraint at the market of the Stitches East convention in two weeks, but still, that's huge for me. 

 I bought a Knit Light from Nightingale Fibers, which is pictured to the left.  This may demonstrate that I'm getting old, but sometimes knitting with dark yarn at night, it's hard to see what you're doing.  I spent the grand total of $16.50, which also included some snacks I bought on the tour. 
 
It was good to see Katie, and it was a beautiful day to drive around in the foliage.




 
 There were lovely alpacas.
 
 This is Katie's friend Maureen to the right, I think she'd love to have an alpaca.

 There was a demonstration of spinning angora directly from the bunny.  The bunny is the grey fuzzy blob sitting in the woman's lap, perfectly happy to sit there while he sheds some fuzz.
 For the Mainers, check out the ornaments to the left. They are ornaments of men wearing colonial hats and wigs made of lobster shell claws.  I thought it was pretty hilarious, but not hilarious enough to buy one.


 
 Goats on the left, Llamas on the right :)






And that's all the news being released at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment