Saturday, June 12, 2010

As Time Goes By

Remember last week that whole post about how I was going to try to slow down and do less so I'm less chaotic?  Um, yeah, not so much. 

On Monday my friend Linda D posted on Facebook that she had a cello recital that night.  So of course I went, and brought flowers :)  This is Linda D's solo, which I already posted on Facebook.  (Don't worry Linda, you can only get to this on Youtube if you have the link.)  I'm not posting the ensemble piece because she thinks she messed it up, but you couldn't hear it.  It was really nice, and made me think that I wanted to take guitar lessons again, but two things (a) I'm not musically inclined and (b) I don't have the focus it would take to make myself practice how I would need to practice to get good.  I'm not saying I'm not focused or determined, because those of you who know me, know that's not the case, but there's other things I want to concentrate on right now, like the writing that I don't have to work as hard at.  Is that bad? 



Then on Tuesday, I went to visit Alison and play with Edgar. I'm not a dog person, but that dog is seriously the cutest thing ever. Alison is in the midst of a cleaning and re-organizing jag, so I ended up with a stainless steel fry pan, some capers, and some other random condiment things. Yay! I worked on the secret project for Chris and Kristie and made some headway but not a ton. I played with Edgar too much really.

On Wednesday, I got my hair cut. I have so much freaking hair that of course it took over an hour. My hair still appears to be lightening, which is freaking me out because when my father went gray it turned that awful yellow color and I just can't cope with that at all. If I go gray like my mom, where I just have white hairs that come in (those are appearing as well) then I have no problem with that, but the yellow I can't cope with.  So I might go auburn again the next time I get my hair done. 

When I got home on Wednesday, I made Maple Oatmeal Bread from the book I mentioned in my last post.  It was awesome.  I wish I could just buy sliced bread easily, but this really isn't too bad to have to do.  Shawn and I have gone through the book and picked a list of breads to try with the materials I have.  The book focuses on whole grain breads which is better for Shawn's diabetes too, as white bread is like crack.

On Thursday, which was the first night I was home before that week that I actually made it home right after work, I decided to do the Wii Fit since our schedules and the weather have been conspiring against us for us to ride the bikes.  I still find it embarassing that I break out into a sweat doing the Wii Fit. Then I worked on the secret project IV, part A for Sarah for a bit.  I've tried reworking at a larger gauge which gained me some yardage, but I'm going to have to order more.  Argh!

Last night, Shawn and I were supposed to grocery shop, as he is leaving on Sunday for a one day class in Minneapolis (he'll be back Monday night), and I have WWKIP today.  (For the non-knitterly among you, that's World Wide Knit in Public Day.  Which for the Concord Knitting Meetup is laughable because we knit in public at Borders every Sunday.  But today we'll knit in public on the State House lawn.  Here's hoping the weather stays clear.  I'm sure I'll be posting pictures later this weekend.)   But we ended up grabbing dinner first, and then Shawn didn't feel well (not from dinner but from what he ate for lunch), so we came home.  I'm going to go attempt to get him up so that we can go get the grocery shopping done before I have to leave at 9:30 a.m. for Concord.  This should be hilarious.

This concludes our broadcast day.

No comments:

Post a Comment