Sunday, October 18, 2009

Black and Blue

Today was the Breast Cancer Walk. I would just like to express my sincere hopes that the organizers might think that June would be a good month to switch to having the walk. It rained and snowed. We only walked 3 miles, but because I was soaked and cold, I think I've had more muscle pain than I normally would. (Six ibruprofen has not put a real dent in the pain yet). I walked with my mother-in-law, Joanne (in the pink hat), my aunt-in-law Debbie (white hat), and my cousin-in-law Kelly.

Joanne went to Target and picked us up some pink gloves which were much appreciated. I also realized today that I don't have any sort of rain coat or windbreaker. I know I had some dollar store ponchos I keep on hand for NH Sheep and Wool (it rains every year), but I couldn't find them. I brought umbrellas but the wind keep turning them inside out, so there really wasn't a point in using them. It's amazing how soaked a Wellesley sweatshirt can get.

I've done the walk in Concord several times over the years, but I have not ever done one in Manch Vegas. We started at the Fisher Cats stadium, and the march started with the local chapter of the Ancient Order of Hibernians playing the bag pipes. I took really sucky pictures of that, and they remain sucky after I've cleaned them up on photo shop, but I'm putting them here anyway.

In other news, I finished Shawn's really boring hat. I slept oddly on Saturday night. I dozed off around 7 pm and then slept till 1 am, and then I was up from 1 am to 4 am, then slept from 4 am to 7:30 am. So the three hour stretch between 1 am and 4 am while I was watching random stuff on the History Channel allowed me to finish Shawn's hat. It was a quick knit even on #5 needles and sportweight, as I finished it in seven days. Well, eight I guess since it was done 4 hours after midnight. Doesn't Shawn look so thrilled to be modeling it??

I also ripped the sock back for the second time and picked a new pattern. I'm pretty sure this one is going to work this time though. If not, I'm sticking this yarn back in the stash to age for a bit until it can tell me what the heck it wants to be.

1 comment:

  1. I think Shawn needs to look a little more appreciative!

    ReplyDelete