Monday, March 21, 2011

Rock Lobster


It was surprising easy to find a song with the word lobster in it, and one I actually knew!  Although I had kind of forgotten about until I saw it on Itunes, but still.  Anyway Katie and Andrew got their package today, so I can do the reveal on the secret project I did for them.  Because seriously, every child needs a lobster. The pattern name is Jacques Crusteau on Ravelry.  It cracks me up, but I have a strange sense of humor.  I might have to make one for myself, although it seriously distressed Kiwi.  There was much growling.

This past week and weekend was mostly about writing.  During the week I wrote 1,106 words to make up for the writing I didn't do last week, and this weekend was a challenge weekend so I wrote 5,086 words.  I even got to research lobster boats for a slow speed chase scene, so the title of this blog post has dual significance, how's that?  I have 760 words to go to make the 8,000 word monthly quota.

In fiber news, I'm working on the Kyoto Jacket, and I am most seriously displeased.  The person who wrote what has been alleged to be a pattern needs to be smacked with a wet noodle at least 50-60 times.  God help anyone without a lot of knitting experience who tries to decipher it.  Basically, I'm working on rewriting and designing the jacket because it is that freaking messed up. I'm attempting a sleeve for the third time, and I may have to start an easy project to have on hand when I feel like I'm going to stroke out.

In spinning news, I've spun about twenty minutes this week.  I really need to step it up, but that whole writing thing was in the way this week.

In Shawn news, despite the fact that I really and truly thought it was going to take me another year and half of "encouragement", I came home today to a sculpture! Woo hoo!!  And it's Shaun the Sheep :)  I think that series is hilarious.  I'm going to have to go back and look at my blog entries to see how long it took me this time, versus the poem.  I'm thinking a song would be cool next, or a movie on xtranormal.com.

Stay tuned and we'll be right back.

No comments:

Post a Comment