Monday, January 4, 2010

Ain't Wastin' Time No More

Well, of course I am really, because I'm writing the blog. But there's lot to report.

First, we had writing group hosted by Linda this week. We all reported a serious lack of motivation. I've been making excuses for the last month an a half. Oh, I don't have time, I'm finishing a job and I have to shop for clothes for the new one, and then it was, I'm adjusting to the new job, and it's the holidays. Well, as the Allman Brothers put it, I ain't wastin' time no more. After Saturday's meeting I started working on the novel Sunday before guild. I didn't get that far, but it's start, and every bit is a bit more. And since I can't break my husband of watching wrestling (rolls eyes and sighs) I'll be working on it tonight after the blog. I've set up a schedule again and it's time to get back to work.

In a similar vein, since it's cold, and we can't ride the bikes, we bought Wii Fit Plus to help us do more exercise during the winter. Again every little bit helps. Although I'm ready to punch the little kid voice that keeps telling me I'm obese, and that keeps calculating my Wii Fit age at something intended to make me have a stroke. (I'm not sure how that's supposed to be healthier, I mean 61?) And when you set the thing up, and you enter your height and it weighs you, it makes your little Mii fatter and shorter. Great. Here's Shawn and I, in Wii Fit. Hilarious. On a positive note, some of the activities are fun and silly, so keep my interest. Because you know what, all that bs about endorphins and how much better exercise is supposed to make you feel is a load a crap. At least for me. I freaking hate to sweat, and I'm always annoyed after exercising because I'm all hot and sweaty and gross. So unless it's fun while I'm doing it enough to forget about the sweating part until it's over, forget it, I'm not doing it. Yes, I know that's childish and stupid, but that's how it is. So we'll see how this goes. So far it's silly and fun, and I like the feedback it gives you during the yoga and strength training. And I'm working on the balance games so maybe I won't be so old in my Wii age.

Here's a picture of Kiwi having just taken a bath because she's just so damn cute. Even if she is evil. Which I've been telling Shawn is his fault because he's poisoned her mind with the wrestling and it's a bad influence so he should stop watching it. It has not worked to date.

In fiber news this week, I finished the cowl I designed last week with the homespun I knit a couple of weeks ago. I had Mary S. model it at knitting guild yesterday. I've written up the pattern and I'm going to get it posted to Ravelry. In other fiber news, the thistle mitten and hat set that I designed in 1998, I'm finally got around to writing up the pattern. Yes, you have that correct, it only took me 12, count them 12, freaking years. So now, because I've worn the hat and the mittens to death, they really aren't appropriate for photography and I am now reknitting them. Sigh.

Alison finished her sweater that has been done except weaving in the ends and grafting the underarms for about six months. Yay Alison!!

In work news, I moved into my permanent office today. I'm glad to finally be able to get settled in, and start to figure out the best way to manage everything.

That's all, for now, as that's all the time I had scheduled to write the blog. Stay tuned for further updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment